April 2, 2011

Hall of Fame Honors Staten Island Chiropractor Dr. Victor Dolan


Staten Island Chiropractor
Dr. Victor Dolan is an Unsung Hero

I just wanted everyone to know that I have been notified that I am being inducted into the Staten Island Sports Hall of Fame as one of their official "Unsung Heroes." I am deeply honored and humbled by this recognition because it underscores one of the most important aspects of my life, both personal and professional. Helping athletes--both those just starting out on their high school football field and also the hundreds of professionals I have serviced--is a service that Dr. Victor Dolan provides with great pride.

Staten Island Hall of Fame 

The Staten Island Hall of Fame recognizes "tho
se individuals who have made extraordinary contributions to Staten Island sports history, and by virtue of their accomplishments, service or force of character, have enriched that history for all time. The Staten Island Hall of Fame is the caretaker of the Island's sports past."

As many of my patients, friends and readers may already know, I take the physical condition of those who participate in sports very seriously.  I have been a chiropractor and nutritionist on Staten Island for almost thirty years.  I am on the American Chiropractic Board of Sport Physicians. I have served the health needs of athletes at countless basketball, fencing, tae kwon do, wrestling, football, professional bowling and professional rodeo events on Staten Island and in the New York City area (at Madison Square Garden, for example), in Las Vegas and in numerous other cities around the United States. 

Curtis High School Football

I have served at the Colorado Springs USA Olympic Training Center. I have served our Championship NYPD Football Team. But perhaps closest to my heart, Dr. Victor Dolan has been providing care for our Curtis High School Football Champions for over twenty years. In fact, I have five NYC PSAL Football Championship rings related to Curtis High School Football. I am both amazed and honored at the deeply meaningful experiences the world of sports has offered me.

This wonderful Staten Island Sports Hall of Fame Event takes place on Saturday, April 16th, 2011, from 12 Noon to 2 PM at Mt. Loretto on Hylan Boulevard, Staten Island. A buffet lunch will be served and plaques and memorabilia from prior inductees will be on view. Call my office for more details if you are interested in attending. It's going to be a lot of fun. 

Regarding my involvement in local Staten Island sports, I thought you might be interested in this recent article from the Staten Island Advance which highlights my days with Curtis High School Football:

Staten Island Chiropractor and Nutritionist

Dr. Victor Dolan is the team chiropractor for the Curtis High School football team. Dr. Dolan, who has been a chiropractor and nutritionist on Staten Island for almost thirty years, admits he's proud to be considered part of the Curtis football family after over 20 years of volunteer service. He recently received his fifth championship ring as the Warriors celebrated their latest Public School Athletic League (PSAL) city title. "Sometimes I have to keep myself in check because I'm a fan ... a big fan," said Dr. Dolan. 

Dolan, who was schooled at Immaculate Conception, Monsignor Farrell and Wagner College, has been a prominent local chiropractor for nearly three decades. He recently was selected to provide medical care at the United States Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colo. He worked primarily with athletes preparing for the 2012 Summer Games.

An ardent advocate of preventive medicine, the doctor views his job as complimenting the work of the athletic trainers. "There's a very big place for sports chiropractics. The vast majority of injuries don't require surgery. Most are sprains, strains, contusions, muscle spasms, cramps, tendinitis ... and those things respond very well to chiropractic care."

Head Coach Peter Gambardella

Dolan is quick to praise former Curtis head coach Fred Olivieri and current head coach Peter Gambardella, "They are two of the best at their jobs," said Dolan, "because they work so hard to get their players into colleges." Indeed, it's the relationships that keep Dr. Dolan returning to the Curtis sideline season after season. "It's the feeling of family, of comradeship ... of being a part of something that's bigger than yourself. I remember Pete Gambardella when he came in as a freshman ... he was a little kid. Then he became a big kid and a college football player. And now he's our head coach. "It's the relationships you build for a lifetime."

Hope to see you all at this wonderful Staten Island Sports Hall of Fame Event. Remember it takes place on Saturday, April 16th, 2011, from 12 Noon to 2 PM at Mt. Loretto on Hylan Boulevard, Staten Island. Call my office for more details if you are interested in attending. This is truly a once-in-a-lifetime event.

Be sure to: